On 13 February, in the offices of CENCOS in Mexico City, the word of the Regional Coordination of Communal Authorities-Communal Police (CRAC-PC) was shared with regards to the situations experienced in the Montaña and Costa Chica regions of Guerrero. The communique mentions the agreements that have been reached following a dialogue between the communal and agrarian authorities as well as the communal police and residents in general, together with a commission of protesting authorities, which had occupied the CRAC’s House of Justice in San Luis Acatán.
- The CRAC will recover the House of Justice and the protestors will allow for the development of the activities in a normal fashion, without obstructing any activities.
- The municipal commissars of the CRAC communities, jointly with a commission of authorities of the protestors, will lead the call for a new regional assembly, to be held on 23 February, in the auditorium of the San Isidro neighborhood in San Luis Acatlán.
- Due to that which has occurred in some communities where the order was given to arrest coordinators and regional commanders, it has been agreed that the municipal commissars should immediately suspend arrest-orders.
- The representatives of both sides agree not to offend each other, attack each other, or take revenge against the coordinators and regional commanders, nor against the commission of protestors in the House of Justice.
- The call for the Regional Assembly for 23 February will be signed and distributed by the representatives of both parties.
- The regional assembly of 23 February will be for the exit of the coordinators and regional commanders, as well as for the nomination and/or ratification of the new regional coordinators and commanders in the four communal houses of justice (San Luis Acatlán, Espino Blanco, Zitlaltepec, and El Paraíso).
For more information (in Spanish):
Con acuerdos y diálogo entre todas las partes, pone la Crac fin a pugna interna (La Jornada de Guerrero, 13 de febrero de 2013)
Retoma policía comunitaria casa de justicia de San Luis Acatlán (La Jornada, 13 de febrero 2013)
Rechazan regulación de Policías Comunitarias (El Universal, 13 de febrero de 2013)
For more information from SIPAZ (in English):
Guerrero: Self-defense against organized crime in 4 municipalities (15 January 2013)
Guerrero: Social insurrection in Olinalá against organized crime (9 November 2012)